Please note - these are general FAQs.
All COVID-19 information is on a separate page.
- WHERE DO I GET THE TROLLEY? We are based in Hershey's Chocolate World. All trolleys start and end at Chocolate World. Just bring your tickets to our desk inside the front door of Chocolate World for us to scan, then line up right outside at our depot. Scroll to the bottom of this page for a map to get to Hershey's Chocolate World.
- WHAT DIFFERENT TROLLEYS DO YOU OFFER? We have five types of trolleys. Their specific descriptions are here. We also have a page dedicated to detailed departure schedules.
- WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN the ORIGINAL TROLLEY SHOW & the HISTORY TROLLEY TOUR? Think of it this way. If you want to experience a great story, would you rather see it as a documentary? Or brought to life in a show? If you said documentary, then you want the Historical Trolley Tour. If you prefer a show, especially a family friendly show, then the Original Trolley Show is right up your alley.
- DOES THE TROLLEY MAKE STOPS IN TOWN? No. We start at Hershey's Chocolate World, and we end at Hershey's Chocolate World. We don't have any get off/get back on stops along the route.
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRICES? Prices are listed at the bottom of every page.
- HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN FIT ON THE TROLLEY? Each trolley holds 44 people.
- AM I GOING TO FREEZE (OR GET HEATSTROKE) RIDING THE TROLLEY? Absolutely not. Trolleys are all enclosed and climate controlled.
- DO YOU OPERATE WHEN THE WEATHER IS BAD? We operate in rain or shine, but not in snow. More specifically, not if the snow is starting to accumulate and the plows are out trying to clear the roads.
- CAN I BUY TICKETS IN ADVANCE? Absolutely! Tickets are available for every operating day for advance online purchase. Guests can link to the purchase site from this website, from HERSHEYSCHOCOLATEWORLD.COM, or by going directly to TICKETS.HERSHEYS.COM. On the day of your trolley ride, bring your tickets to the trolley desk inside the front door of Hershey's Chocolate World so we can scan them.
- HOW CAN I MAKE A RESERVATION FOR MY COMPLIMENTARY OR DISCOUNT TICKETS? If you have a voucher for complimentary tickets (for example, tickets you won in a school fundraiser), or discount tickets (for example, if you are an employee of The Hershey Company), just send an email to email@example.com, and we will get you set up.
- IS THE TROLLEY WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE? No. The trolleys are configured exactly like school buses. In order to board, a person needs to be able to ascend (or be helped up) 3 steps. There are handrails. However, there is no lift or ramp onto the trolley, and no place to lock down a wheelchair or similar device.
- WHAT IS AVAILABLE FOR GUESTS WHO ARE CONFINED TO A WHEELCHAIR? We gladly offer a personalized, in-car tour for guests who are unable to board the trolley. This is very similar to the style of tour offered by the Gettysburg National Battlefield guides. One of our conductors can drive or ride as a passenger in the guest's vehicle and offer the same personal tour of the sites and story of Hershey. To schedule one of these tours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- DO YOUR SAMPLES CONTAIN NUTS OR OTHER ALLERGENS? Some of them do, yes. On almost all of our trolleys we sample Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. On the Holly Jolly Trolley we sample Hershey's Kisses with Almonds. We also sample an assortment of Hershey's Kiss flavors, and Hershey Bars as well. The best way to get specific ingredient information is to follow this link to The Hershey Company's ingredient page.
- ARE MY TICKETS GOOD FOR ANY TROLLEY DEPARTURE? No. Each ticket we sell is for a specific date and time. We ask that you line up at the trolley depot, which is right outside the front doors of Hershey's Chocolate World, about 10 minutes before the departure time on their tickets. There are not reserved seats on the trolley itself. First come, first seated.
- WHAT IF I MISS MY DEPARTURE? The motorman will wait 3 minutes past the departure time to allow for guests who are running late. If guests miss the trolley, they should take their tickets inside Hershey's Chocolate World to the ticket desk, to see about an exchange or refund. There is no guarantee that the next trolley will have enough open seats to accommodate guests who miss their scheduled departure.
- DO YOU HAVE GROUP RATES? Yes. For all the details about groups, go to groups & charters.
- CAN I CHARTER A TROLLEY FOR MY WEDDING, CONVENTION, ETC? Yes. For all the details about charters, go to groups & charters. Also, you can send an email to email@example.com
- WHAT ARE YOUR BUSIEST TIMES? Our busiest hours of the day are always between 11AM - 3PM. The busiest days of the year are Easter weekend, Memorial Day weekend, July 3 - 6, Columbus Day weekend, Thanksgiving weekend, the first weekend in December, and December 26 - 30. Our peak summer season runs from the last week of June through Labor Day. Within that time frame, Tuesdays - Thursdays are least busy. Saturdays are busy almost all year, but there's usually a slowdown on Sunday afternoons after 2PM. If you want to stay away from crowds, January - March is your time.
- ARE YOU OWNED BY HERSHEY (THE HERSHEY COMPANY or HERSHEY ENTERTAINMENT & RESORTS)? No. We are a private, family owned business connected to Hershey's Chocolate World, where we have been a grateful guest for 30 years. The official name of the company is Trolley Works Inc. We have permission to use the name HERSHEY from The Hershey Company, and we are dedicated to sharing the inspiring story of Milton S. Hershey, the sites of the town he created, and the chocolate that made his name a household word.
And where exactly are you again?? We are based in Hershey's Chocolate World, which is adjacent to Hershey Park. The address for your GPS is 101 Chocolate World Way, Hershey PA 17033